Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wasting time

Ah, the computer is such a two-edged sword when it comes to writing. I can type much faster than I can write. Can edit faster, too. But when my attention wanders, it's SO easy to flip to Amazon or ebay or some games website and waste hours of time.

This past week has been really a challenge for me attention wise when it comes to my writing. Part of it's biological, part is stress from work, but I also take responsibility for my inherent laziness that I've given free reign. Some days my brain feels fuzzy and I don't want to do anything...so I don't. Sometimes I'm just sick of it all and want to give up. So I allow myself to be a slob for a couple days, then get some rest, pull my boots back on, and get back to work. I don't know if it's part of the female cycle or just mine, but after almost 40 years I realize this fuzzy brain laziness will pass in a few days, then I get back to work. Maybe it's the price I pay for being super focused/always busy the other 25 days of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment