Monday, May 23, 2011

Blah blah day

What do you do when your brain's creative juices are sucked out by (insert life happenings/biological event here)? Keep writing. Even if what you type/scribble is horrible, keep writing. Even if you know everything you write will be ripped out later like flood-soaked carpet, WRITE. Otherwise, you might get into a pattern (as I often do) of not writing at all. That's where I am today.

I'm in one of those ruts where I'll type a few minutes then be possessed with the urgent need to go check the mail. Write for another few minutes, then must do the laundry. Write, then I'm hungry. Write then this, write then that. I've been doing the up and down "ooh, shiny!" routine all day and I'm pretty disgusted with myself. About all I've accomplished is mended a crocheted shawl, finished a couple loads of laundry, and logged a few more steps on the pedometer. Oh, and I think my washer's leaking, so I had to sweep up the pool of water and re-check the floor a few times, too. Sigh.

So, back to writing. Oh, did I hear the dryer go off? Gotta go check.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment