Friday, May 6, 2011

News on the Agent Front (dun, dun, DUN...)

Yes, folks, it is official. I have been rejected again. The agent I met at the April writers' guild meeting sent me a polite note that my piece wasn't right for their agency, and that it was nice to meet me.

The funny thing is, I'm not at all upset about it. I wasn't even shocked. Disappointed, yes, definitely. I really like the no-nonsense attitude of this woman. But the more I looked at what this agent represents (romance fantasy/science fiction), the more I realized my adventure fantasy with a TINY bit of romance wouldn't be a good fit.

So, onward and upward. I've picked out several other agents to research this weekend, plus I'm submitting at least one flash fiction piece to a few contests.

Plus, I've discovered I DO have more than one novel idea in me, and that is something I've worried about for some time. I'm currently working on an urban fantasy with a heavy romance element (well, as heavy as I get with romance. Fade to black is my go-to scene). If I can't get an agent for my first book/series, maybe I can with my second.

Smiles.

1 comment:

  1. Stephen King (you've just gotta read his book) used to hang his rejection letters on a nail in his room...proud displays of effort at least, right??

    I'm impressed that you're sending things out. Way to go. Keep your head up.

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete