Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's Coming! It's Coming!





In about five weeks, (April 11-13) all of our hard work will come to fruition and attendees will enjoy a weekend of workshops, networking, pitches, slush pile readings, and so much more! I can't wait for the 99th annual Missouri Writers' Guild Conference.

I'm not writing this only because I'm on the board. I'm writing this because the MWG conference is one of the big reasons I've made beneficial contacts, gained the knowledge, and developed the confidence as a writer and editor to become the person I am today. In the last four years I've published more stories and won more contests than I ever thought possible. I found my best friend at one of these conferences. I've found excellent speakers for our local guild at this conference. And, as a writer, I can't deny I've taken notes on some interesting characters to make into "interesting characters."

For some, conferences aren't their "thing." I understand. For some, finances are a consideration. I understand that, too. However, if you are a writer and want to improve your craft, meet new people, and further your career, this is one of the best conferences in the area to attend.

Conference home page: http://missouriwritersguild.org/MWG%20Conference%202014/

Conference blog: http://mwgconference.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment