Thursday, April 14, 2011

If my head weren't attached...

I left my notebook (with all my conference notes) and the current story I'm revising (to submit for query by Saturday) at work. I was so anxious to leave and go running, I didn't think to check the other bag. Oh, well. It'll be there tomorrow. I can still do revisions with the copies I have at home. I'm too tired from running 3 miles in the heat (okay, hot for ME, but not really hot yet. I'm working on it!)

Currently I'm using several of Kristin Nelson's ideas to polish my first three chapters of my novel. The biggest problem I see is I often give information for the sake of the readers rather than in context. This is a HARD change for me to make, since writing fantasy necessitates world building which requires the writer to explain to the reader what is going on and why things are different. But as I've said, revision isn't easy. If it were, everyone would be doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment