Friday, June 10, 2011

Time and what we choose to do with it

I just realized it's been WEEKS since my last posting. I could list excuses. Reasons, even. But if I'm honest, it comes down to the fact that I've felt there are other things more important than writing.

That attitude will never get me published.

Additionally, I have this whole digital notebook dedicated to contests, publication possibilities and agents. I've written several new stories and have a whole collection that have never been submitted anywhere. Have I used either recently? No.

I can't get published if I don't submit writing.

So the conclusion is, if I want to be a writer, I need to quit making excuses and write. If I want to get published, I need to quit making excuses and submit things.

What am I doing tomorrow? Trying to figure out how I'm going to fit writing into my triple-booked schedule. Why do I do this to myself? Avoidance behavior is becoming my norm...if only I could use writing as my avoidance, maybe this attitude could work to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment