Sunday, April 22, 2012

Clarion, Conference, and Collapse

How long has it been since I've updated my blog? Too long. Here's to new beginnings. Again.

I ended up not sending in pieces for the Clarion workshop. I'm disappointed, however, the stories were nowhere near ready. I didn't want to spend that much money on something I knew I wouldn't get because the writing was still in its 2nd or 3rd draft. Next year, I'll be ready.

I just got back from the 2012 Missouri Writers' Guild conference and am ready to focus on my writing career again. I had lost focus, and courage, and this meeting really bolstered both. Yet again I was asked by an agent to send chapters to read (yay!). I came away with two writing awards for my stories (double yay!). The workshops I attended seemed to highlight where I'd gone wrong this year AND how to fix it. Plus, I got to spend the weekend with my dear friend MB who is a kindred soul in the writing and living business. We laughed hard enough to burn several hundred calories!

So now it's time to go to bed and collapse, go to work in the morning, and come home to my REAL job, that of becoming a semi-famously published author.

No comments:

Post a Comment